I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.(Philippians 3:14)
Dr. Kardi Teknomo is an associate professor in Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines, and an international consultant for the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group, the Savanah Solution in Switzerland, the Probe Software in USA, and the Aremas in Brazil. He was a visiting research fellow in the University of Wisconsin and Blackthorne, Inc., both in the USA, and in the Hertha-Firnberg Research Fellow in the Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria. He was also a lecturer in Saga University, Japan, and in Petra Christian University, Indonesia.
On the News
- Local Pulse: 150 Top Scientists of the Philippines (rank 21th of the country)
- Waseda University Excellent Poster Award: Ideal Flow Based on Random Walk on Directed Graph
- Journal of Engineering Newspaper: Research from K. Teknomo and Co-Researchers in the Area of Safety Engineering Described (similar news)
- Ateneo SOSE Research update: Automated pedestrian tracking in crowded situations
- Ateneo SOSE Research update: DISCS researchers suggest ways to improve evacuation maps
- DOST Project Proponent for Traffic and Pollution Monitoring And Analysis Featured in PCIEERD Annual Report
- NAIST News: Delegation to NAIST
- ABS-CBN:Ateneo traffic group formed
- Science Direct: 25 Hottest articles in Building and Environment
- Simwalk Scientific Advisory Board
- Program committee in Workshop on Complex Collective Systems 2011
- ADMU News:talk on Pedestrianology 2008
- ADMU News:keynote speaker of Pedestrian Workshop
- ADNU News: Plenary speaker of PCSC 2011
- member of Ateneo Traffic Group
- Guidon on ATG
- NAIST News: Visiting NAIST 2011
- Adviser of SOSE awarde on Graduate Innovation
- members of the Board of Judges ACM programming contest
- Inquirer: Judge of 2nd Philippine National Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition in Cebu November 2008
- Philstar: Judge of 2nd Philippine National Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition in Cebu November 2008
- Who's Who in Sciences Academia
Area of Specialization
- Intelligence Traffic System,
- Transportation Planning,
- Traffic Engineering,
- Network Analysis,
- Queuing Management,
- Business Intelligence,
- Multi Criteria Decision Making,
- Data Science,
- Machine Learning,
- Big Data Mining,
- Pattern Recognition,
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Asia-Manila Regional Contest Director, ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (2016 – Present)
- International Consultant to the International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group), (2015-Present)
- Co-Founder and Board of Trustees, Tech2Go, Inc. (2015–Present)
- Founder & Managing Director, Revoledu.com (2003-Present)
- Head of the Pedestrian and Traffic Computing Research Laboratory, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City, Philippines (2009-Present)
- Associate Professor, Department of Information Systems and Computer Science, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City, Philippines (2008-Present)
- SimWalk Scientific Advisory Board for Savannah Simulations AG, Switzerland (2008 – Present) (http://simwalk.com/about/about_advisory_board.html)
- Chief Operating Officer, Tech2Go, Inc (2015 – 2016)
- International Consultant of Probe Software, Inc. Oregon, USA, Image Calculator with Parser, (2015)
- International Consultant of Probe Software, Inc., Oregon, USA, Image Homography - Automatically Finding a Rigid Body Transformation of an X-Ray Metal Image,(2015)
- International Consultant of Aremas, Brazil, Automation of Inventory categorization based on Pareto Analysis, (2014)
- International Consultant of Probe Software, Inc, Oregon, USA, Image Drift Correction - Develop tools to finding the exact translation between two X-Ray metal images, (2013)
- International Consultant of Probe Software, Inc, Oregon, USA, Clustering and Image Segmentation of X-Ray Metal Alloys,(2012)
- International Consultant of Blackthorne Analytic, Wisconsin, USA, Multi-dimensional analysis of US Stock Exchange and Develop Back Testing for Stock Forecasting, (2012) (http://www.blackthorne.com/analytics)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Ateneo de Davao, Philippines (2010-2015)
- Research Fellow, Global Business Resource Center, University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, USA (2012)
- Hertha-Firnberg Research Fellow, Human Centered Mobility Technology, Arsenal Research (now Austrian Institute of Technology), Vienna, Austria (2006-2008)
- Senior Lecturer and Researcher, Urban Engineering Department and Institute of Lowland Technology Saga University, Saga, Japan (2003-2006)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Traffic Laboratory at Graduate School of Information Sciences in Tohoku University, Japan (1999-2002)
- Lecturer, Civil Engineering Department, Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia (1992-1999)
- Founder and Director of the Traffic and Transportation-Planning Laboratory at Petra Christian University, Indonesia (1995-1998)
- Transport Consultant of the Surabaya-Gempol Tollway Authority, Surabaya, Indonesia, (1998)
- Road Design Consultant of the Benjamin and Gideon Associate Consulting Co, Surabaya, Indonesia, (1997)
- Traffic Management Specialist of PT Cipta Surya Wahana in cooperation with Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH, Surabaya, Indonesia (1996-1997) – World Bank funded project
- Research Center Director in Petra Christian University, Indonesia (1996-1997)
- Section Chief of the Scientific Publication of the Research and Community Development Center, Petra Christian University Surabaya, Indonesia (1993-1996)
- Transport Consultant of PT Rantai Pantja Daya, Surabaya Indonesia (1995-1996)
- Traffic Engineer and Modeler of PT Indulexco Consulting Co, Surabaya, Indonesia (1992-1996) – World Bank funded project
- Teaching Assistant of the Civil Engineering Department, Petra Christian University Surabaya, Indonesia (1992-1993)
- Laboratory Research Assistant of the Concrete and Construction Laboratory, Petra Christian University Surabaya Indonesia (1990-1991)
- Philippine Higher Education Research Network (PHERNET) 2013-2016 “Theoretical Foundation for Analyzing Graph-based Trajectories of Agents and Items” (funded by the Commission on Higher Education of the Philippines)
- The Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development Department of Science and Technology (PCIEERD-DOST) 2013-2015 “Advanced Traffic & Pollution Monitoring and Analysis System Based on GPS Trajectory Data, Air Quality Data and Engine Status Data collected from Taxis in Metro Manila” (with Proceso Fernandez).
- Institute of Philippines Culture Institutional Project 2012 “Models of the world and the world of our models: Science, universities and the problem of traffic” (with Abigail Favis, Proceso Fernandez, Jr. and Czarina Saloma-Akpedonu) funded under the Ford Foundation Capital Depletion Grant.
- Loyola Schools Scholarly Work Faculty Grant 2011 “Data Structures and Algorithms for the Recording and Analysis of Pedestrian Network Trajectories” (with Proceso Fernandez).
- Loyola Schools Scholarly Work Faculty Grant 2008 “Effect of Graph Complexity on Pedestrian Evacuation” (with Proceso Fernandez).
- Hertha-Firnberg Research program from Austrian Science Fund 2006-2008 “Multi-Agents’ Pedestrian Simulation System Based on Individual Trajectory Data”.
- Grant-In-Aids for Scientific Research 2005 from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology (Monbusho), Japan “Historical Aerial Images for Calibration of Urban Cellular Model”.
- Institute of Lowland Technology-Saga University Japan Grant Research Project 2004 “Stochastic Cellular Model for Lowland Urban Development” (with Gerilla, G. P. and Hokao, K.).
- Petra Research Center Grant no 01/Pen/LPPM/3/1999 “Impediment factors for students to pass Civil Engineering Degree in Petra Christian University” (with Lumantarna, B. and Setyawan, R.)
- Petra Research Center Grant no 11/Pen/Sipil/1997 “Characteristics of Paratransit in Surabaya” (with Suwono, J.I.)
- Petra Research Center Grant no 05/Pen/Sip/1996 “Determination of Surabaya Traffic Accident Sensitive Spots” (with Arief, T. D.)
- Petra Research Center Grant no 06/Pen/Sip/1996 “Transport Demand Management for Jalan Raya Jemur Andayani - Raya Kendangsari Industri - Raya Rungkut Industri”.
- Petra Research Center Grant no 07/Pen/Sip/1996 “Demand Analysis of Fixed Route Public Transport in Surabaya.”
Award and Scholarship
- Ateneo Research and Creative Work Faculty Award, 2015-2016
- Excellent Poster Presentation Award, (2015) “Ideal Flow Based on Random Walk on Directed Graph”, The 9th International collaboration Symposium on Information, Production and Systems (ISIPS 2015) http://www.waseda.jp/assoc-ics/2015/awards.html
- 100 Top Scientists in the Philippines based on Google Scholar Citations Public Profiles (http://www.webometrics.info/en/node/148)
- Best paper and presentation award of the Asian Transportation Research Society (2014) for “Utilizing Multimodal Public Transportation Route Planners for Long-Term Sustainable Transportation Networks” The 7th ATRANS Symposium: Young Research Forum, August 22, 2014 Bangkok Thailand, (together with Chelcie Narboneta).
- Best paper award of the Computing Society of the Philippines 2012 for “Data Association for an Adaptive Multi-target Particle Filter Tracking System” in the 12th Philippine Computing Science Congress (PCSC 2012) March 1-3, 2012 in De LaSalle University Canlubang, Philippines (together with Raphael Alampay).
- Senator Gil J. Puyat Endowed Professorial Chair for school year 2011, 2014, 2015 for performance and scholarly achievements in Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
- Teletronic Systems, Inc. Professorial Chair for school year 2010 for performance and scholarly achievements in Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
- Hertha-Firnberg Research Fellowship in Arsenal Research (now Austrian Institute of Technology), Austria (2006-2008) for "Multi-Agents’ Pedestrian Simulation System Based on Individual Trajectory Data"
- Jin Nai Scholarship 1999-2002 for doctoral education in Tohoku University, Japan
- Petra Christian University Scholarship 1993-1995 for master degree education in Asian Institute Technology, Thailand
- Best Student (first rank of Civil Engineering Batch 1987, Cum Laude and Valedictorian) in Petra Christian University, Indonesia (1992)
- Asia-Manila Regional Director, ACM ICPC Programing Contest, 2016-Present
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Transportation, 2013-Present (http://www.sersc.org/journals/IJT/)
- Reviewer, Transportation Research C, 2013- Present
- SimWalk Scientific Advisory Board, Savannah Simulations AG, Switzerland, 2008- Present
- Member, Loyola School Scholarly Award Committee, 2011- 2013
- Reviewer, Simulation Journal: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 2008- Present
- Reviewer, Philippines Computing Journal, 2010- Present
- Reviewer, Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS), 2005- Present
- Reviewer, Lowland Technology International Journal, 2004- Present
- Reviewer, APTU, 2014
- Invited Committee Member, Colombian Journal of Statistics, 2013-2015
- Member, Ateneo Traffic Group, 2011-2014
- Program Committee for 13th Philippine Computing Science Congress
- Reviewer, ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, 2012
- Scientific Advisory Board, Advanced Research Workshop: Evacuation and Human Behavior in Emergency Situations, (2011) Santander, Spain
- Reviewer, 9th National Conference on IT Education (NCITE 2011), Palawan State University, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines
- Program Committee of the Workshop on Complex Collective Systems in the 9-th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics, Torun, Poland, 2011
- Organizer & Keynote Speaker, Pedestrian Simulation, Tracking and Surveillance Workshop-2.0 in Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines, 2011.
- Reviewer, Environment and Planning A Journal, 2010
- International Program Committee of the ATSS @ IEEE ITSC'2010: 4th Workshop on Artificial Transportation Systems and Simulation in the 13th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Madeira Island, Portugal
- Program Committee of the 6th Workshop on Agents in Traffic and Transportation (ATT2010) associated with the Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2010), Toronto, Canada.
- International Honorary Committee member of the ThaiSim 2010 conference, Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya, Thailand, (2010).
- Program Committee and Chair Session of the 5th International Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics Conference, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Maryland, USA, (2010).
- Organizer & Keynote Speaker, Pedestrian Simulation, Tracking and Surveillance Workshop in Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines,(2010).
- Member of the Multi stakeholders Traffic and Security Committee for Ateneo de Manila University,(2009-2011)
- Judge of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) Asia Programming Contest 2009 – Manila, (2009), Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines
- Reviewer of Workshop on Complex Collective Systems in conjunction with the 8-th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM), Wroclaw - Poland (2009)
- Judge of 2nd Philippine National Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition in Cebu, Philippine, (2008).
- International Review Committee of Transport, Infrastructure and Logistics (TRAIL) Congress “TRAIL in Perspective” on (2008) in Rotterdam, Netherland.
- Reviewer of International Symposium of Transport Simulation, 2006 (Lausanne, Switzerland) and 2008 (Queensland, Australia).
- SimWalk Scientific Advisory Board, Savannah Simulations AG, Switzerland since 2008.
- Program Committee of the Workshop on Agents in Traffic and Transportation, associated with the Seventh International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent-Systems (AAMAS), Estoril, Portugal, (2008)
- International Advisory Committee of the International Symposium of Lowland Technology, Busan, Korea, (2008)
- Reviewer of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil, 2008
- Reviewer & Traffic Simulation Model Session Chairman of World Conference Transportation Research (WCTR) in Berkeley, USA, July 2007
- Associate Editor of Lowland Technology International Journal (2004-2006), the official journal of the International Association of Lowland Technology (http://www.ilt.saga-u.ac.jp/ialt/lti/)
- Chairman of Saga-Care Aceh Organization (2005) - Organized charity activities in Saga city, Japan to raise a fund for tsunami victims in Aceh, Indonesia
- Board editor and reviewer of the Dimensi Teknik Sipil - Journal of Civil Engineering, Science and Technology (1996–1998) - Reviewed manuscripts and managed to improve the quality of the journal as one of the best Indonesian national journal in Civil Engineering.
- Tohoku University, Japan (2002)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Information Sciences (Road & Traffic Laboratory)
Recipient of full Jin Nai Scholarship 1999-2002
- Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand (1995)
Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Geotechnical and Transportation Engineering
Recipient of full Petra Christian University Scholarship 1993-1995
- Petra Christian University, Indonesia (1992)
Civil Engineer’s degree (Ir.) in Transportation
Cum laude honors (1st), Valedictorian