For completeness of this LDA tutorial , I listed below several books, journals paper and Internet resources discuss about Discriminant Analysis for your further study. I welcome any feedback and input about other good resources that you want to include in this list; please tell me about it.
Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) Resources
- If you have Matlab Statistical toolbox, use Matlab function classify .
- For Discriminant analysis in Java, consider Weka project
- Feng Tang and Hai Tao, Fast Linear Discriminant Analysis Using Binary Bases , 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2006,Volume 2.
- Onur C. Hamsici and Aleix M. Martinez, Bayes Optimality in Linear Discriminant Analysis , IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
- Luca Cazzanti and Maya R. Gupta, Local Similarity Discriminant Analysis , Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Machine Learning, Omni Press, 2007
Jieping Ye, Ravi Janardan and Qi Li,
Two-Dimensional Linear Discriminant Analysis
, NIPS 2004 Online Papers
- Pattern Classification by Richard O. Duda, Peter E. Hart and David G. Stork
- Discriminant Analysis by William Klecka
- Discriminant Analysis and Statistical Pattern Recognition by Geoffrey J. McLachlan
- Applied Discriminant Analysis by Carl J. Huberty
- Applied MANOVA and Discriminant Analysis by Carl J. Huberty and Stephen Olejnik
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning by Christopher M. Bishop
- The Elements of Statistical Learning by T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani and J. H. Friedman
- Todd K. Moon, Peg Howland, Jacob H. Gunther, Document Author Classification using Generalized Discriminant Analysis , Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Text Mining 2006